When more extensive care is required, The Denver Hospice Inpatient Care Center at Lowry offers a higher level of attention in a homelike environment. The light-filled, state-of-the-art setting has been Denver’s leading inpatient hospice facility since its doors opened in 2011.
Designed to provide exceptional comfort for patients and families, the Inpatient Care Center encompasses 24 private suites, each with its own patio. There are no set visiting hours. Anyone, including children, may visit at any time. An array of amenities enhance precious time spent here. The great room, family dining room and day rooms encourage gathering. A multi-faith chapel is open at all times for reflection. The Veterans’ Lounge creates a special shared environment for those who have served our country. A hydrotherapy spa outfitted with a salon-style basin enhances relaxation. And outside, beautifully landscaped gardens and walkways add to the peaceful setting.
There are two tiers of care to meet the highly individualized needs of our patients:General Inpatient Care
General inpatient care supports those in need of symptom management (such as unmanageable pain, nausea and vomiting) and comprehensive education related to the terminal diagnosis.
- Most insurance policies cover room and board at this level of care.
- Once the patient’s symptoms and pain are stabilized, he or she must return to a routine level of hospice care.
- We can also provide this level of care in the hospital or skilled nursing facility.
Routine level care is available for those no longer qualifying for General Inpatient Care but who choose to remain at our Inpatient Care Center.
- Private-pay rates will apply. Our staff will work with you and your family to arrange a deposit and payment to cover room and board charges.
- We can also provide this level of care in your own home, skilled care facility, assisted living facility or group home.
We invite you to browse our photo gallery or tour the facility in person. No appointment is needed.
8299 E. Lowry Blvd.
Denver, CO 80230