As our community partner, we’ll work closely with you to provide excellent hospice care and to exceed your expectations and those of your patients.
What is a Fast Track Admission?
Fast Track is a process to simplify admissions to our Inpatient Care Center. This is when General Inpatient Care (GIP) hospice-eligible patients with a payer source have consented to a treatment transition directly to our Inpatient Care Center.
Can I Fast Track from any location?
Yes! Once you make a Fast Track referral, we work directly with you to arrange transfer to our state-of-the-art Inpatient Care Center.
What are the steps for a Fast Track Admission?
- Review GIP Qualifications: The case manager, physicians and clinical staff consult on the patient’s GIP status with our admissions staff. Download our Fast Track Fact Sheet (PDF) for more information.
- Discuss Hospice Care: Determine if the patient’s goals of care are aligned with hospice. An Inpatient Care Center patient needs a current DNR.
- Identify Payer Source: Fast Track patients need to have private insurance, Medicare, Medicaid or a completed Medicaid application.
- Call in the Referral: Call our Admissions staff at 303-398-6200 and ask for a Fast Track Admission.
- Order Transportation: Work with our admission staff to order transportation.
- Communicate Nurse to Nurse: Speak directly to our Inpatient Care Center charge nurse to coordinate care.