Footprints Children’s Services: Hospice, Palliative and Grief Care to Support Denver-area Families
Footprints Children’s Services provides hospice, palliative and grief care, filling an important role for young people and their families in the Denver metro area. The Footprints team includes a pediatrician, nurse practitioner, child life specialists, registered nurses, chaplains, massage therapists and social workers, all with extensive experience with children.
Footprints services include:
- Hospice care, which provides comfort, pain relief and quality-of-life care for those with a terminal diagnosis.
- Palliative care, which focuses on providing relief from the pain and stress of serious illness, regardless of the diagnosis.
- Concurrent care, which ensures a family can receive both comfort and curative care for their child at the same time.
- Respite care, which provides caregivers short-term relief when day-to-day care for a child with an advanced illness becomes physically and emotionally demanding.
- Anticipatory grief counseling, which helps those ages 3-17 who have a loved one facing an end-of-life transition.
- Counseling for families following the death of a child, including individual and group counseling for a year.
The Footprints team brings deep and diverse specialized experience that ensures patients and their families can access a full continuum of care.
- Dr. Kimberly Bennett provides medical direction for Footprints. Board Certified in Pediatrics and in Hospice and Palliative Medicine, Dr. Bennett completed a Residency in Pediatrics at the Baylor College of Medicine, a Fellowship in Pediatric Critical Care at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, and a Fellowship in Hospice and Palliative Medicine at the University of Colorado.
Footprints is a program of The Denver Hospice, the area’s leading, largest and most trusted not-for-profit provider of life-enhancing hospice and palliative care. Its Denver campus includes the new Amy Davis Hospice Support Center with dedicated children’s and family counseling areas.
The Support Center is adjacent to The Denver Hospice Inpatient Care Center, which offers hands-on, compassionate, state-of-the-art care to patients requiring short-term management of uncontrolled pain and other symptoms. The Inpatient Center’s 24 private suites with patios provide a homelike setting, along with a family dining room, a multi-faith chapel, and hydro-therapy spa. Gardens add to the light-filled ambiance.
Our pediatric patient support line is staffed 24/7 by registered nurses. Our comprehensive resources create seamless care — from diagnosis through treatment, from palliative care through hospice care and from anticipatory grief counseling through bereavement.
Talk to a member of our Children’s Services Admissions Team at 303-398-6200.