Looking Forward Together in 2017
January is a time to reflect on the past year and anticipate opportunities ahead. It’s a time to celebrate success and set goals. But as we look back on our success, it would be misleading to say we did it all on our own. Our 2016 accomplishments would not have been made possible without your support.
Serving families and patients from the beginning of uncertainty to the end of life’s journey is no small feat – it requires collaboration, resilience, and shared belief in the mission to encircle those facing advanced illness with unprecedented levels of comfort, compassion, and expertise.
So, with that, we thank you – our community, our partners, our advocates and our friends, for helping us reach new highs. Here were some of our best achievements in 2016:
- 2016 HHCAHPS Honors Award | Optio Health Services received this prestigious award, recognizing agencies that provide high quality care as measured from the patient’s point of view
- Best Non-Profit | Named Best Non-Profit in ColoradoBiz magazine’s Best of Colorado Business Choice Awards
- Volunteers | Our 450 volunteers dedicated 20,500 hours of service to our families, patients, and community
- Valentine’s Day Rose Delivery with Wish of a Lifetime | Volunteers surprised 4,000 Denver metro seniors with roses on Valentine’s Day
- Honoring our Veterans | Served more than 800 military veterans in our care and honored more than 150 veterans in local events
- Being Mortal Project | A public awareness campaign on the importance of talking about end-of-life preferences and goals with loved ones and medical professionals
- Colorado Gives Day | You helped us raise $96,000 to support unfunded hospice and palliative care services for families and patients
- The MASK Project | You helped us raise $275,000 from The MASK Project art auction and luncheon, to support our mission
And let’s not forget about looking forward! We’re more focused than ever on delivering high-quality, compassionate care, resources, and expertise.
Our commitment to you:
Caring Options: We are your go-to resource for all serious illness care.
Caring Answers: Open arms and open access for every family and patient.
Caring Experiences: What matters to you matters to us.