Palliative Care provides relief of symptoms and stresses to those who have been diagnosed with a life-limiting or terminal illness. The comfort provided through our palliative care services may begin as early as your initial diagnosis and continue through your treatment.
Optio Palliative Care at Home
Optio Health Services is The Denver Hospice’s palliative care program. We are the leading not-for-profit provider of palliative healthcare at home services in the metropolitan Denver area. Our service area includes Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas, Elbert, Jefferson and Weld counties.
We specialize in:
- Symptom management
- Decreased hospitalization
- Advance care planning
- Coordinating with primary care doctors
- Connecting patients and their families with community resources
We provide care wherever a patient calls home, including skilled nursing facilities, assisted living residences and retirement communities.
- An admissions team member visits the home to enroll patients.
- A nurse practitioner will visit every month or more often if needed.
- A social worker will help with advance care planning, accessing community resources and mental health needs.
- Registered nurse support is available by phone 24/7.
- We offer disease-specific care programs.
- If needed, we make it easy to transfer into hospice care.
- Your palliative care nurse practitioner can also serve as your hospice provider.
Optio Palliative Care at Home customizes care plans to meet your disease-specific needs. Our disease-specific programs include:
Optio Palliative Care is able to serve most major health insurances, including Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance.