Palliative Care provides relief of symptoms and stresses to those who have been diagnosed with a life-limiting or terminal illness. The comfort provided through our palliative care services may begin as early as your initial diagnosis and continue through your treatment.
Optio Palliative Care at Home
Optio Health Services is The Denver Hospice’s palliative care program. We are the leading not-for-profit provider of palliative healthcare at home services in the metropolitan Denver area. Our service area includes Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas, Elbert, Jefferson and Weld counties.
We specialize in:
- Symptom management
- Decreased hospitalization
- Advance care planning
- Coordinating with primary care doctors
- Connecting patients and their families with community resources
We provide care wherever a patient calls home, including skilled nursing facilities, assisted living residences and retirement communities.
- An admissions team member visits the home to enroll patients.
- A nurse practitioner will visit every month or more often if needed.
- A social worker will help with advance care planning, accessing community resources and mental health needs.
- Registered nurse support is available by phone 24/7.
- We offer disease-specific care programs.
- If needed, we make it easy to transfer into hospice care.
- Your palliative care nurse practitioner can also serve as your hospice provider.
Optio Palliative Care at Home customizes care plans to meet your disease-specific needs. Our disease-specific programs include:
We closely collaborate with your oncology team to provide symptom management, support in making decisions on treatment options and help with emotional and spiritual care.
The focus of Breathe Easy is treating chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), managing the disease process and related anxiety.
Care includes heart healthy diet education and management of the cardiac disease process with a focus on congestive heart failure.
Transitions helps after hospital visits for acute life altering events, such as major bone fractures, a cerebrovascular accident or acute renal failure. We support patients and families adapting to new circumstances.
To make a referral or discuss Optio Health Palliative Care at Home, please call 303-321-2929.
Optio Palliative Care is able to serve most major health insurances, including Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance.
Palliative Care Checklist
Use the checklist below to see if palliative care can help you or a loved one. Call Optio Palliative Care at Home if you check one or more boxes.
- Life-limiting illness or terminal diagnosis
- Serious disease progression
- Multiple hospitalizations and emergency room visits
- Complex symptom management
- Need to develop goals of care
- Declining ability to complete daily living activities
- Advance care planning needs