Living with Cancer focuses on patients with all types of cancer.
At each home visit, patients meet with a nurse practitioner or physician who are experts in the field of palliative care for cancer. Our palliative care program provides supportive and innovative care to help patients manage physical symptoms and enhance their spiritual and emotional well-being. We understand cancer can be a long and difficult journey. Our specific and individualize care plans, unique to the type of cancer we are trying to palliate, can lead to longer survival, higher quality of life and well-managed symptoms while patients are still pursuing treatment.
Living with Cancer Palliative Care includes:
- Consultative palliative practice
- Prescriptive services
- Records sent to specialists after every nurse practitioner and social worker visit
- Hospitalization prevention through symptom education and management
- Goals of care conversation, including hospice options when appropriate
- Diet education
- In-home symptom management for:
- Cancer pain
- Chemo brain
- Diarrhea and constipation
- Nausea and vomiting
- Sleep problems
- Caregiver support
- Emotional processing
- End-of-life preparation for patients and families
- Area support group referrals
- Advance care planning
Optio Palliative Care is able to serve most major health insurances, including Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance.