The Denver Hospice is the only hospice in Denver to earn Level 4 status in the We Honor Veterans campaign, a joint program of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization and the Veterans Administration.
We Honor Veterans
Almost 25 percent of our patients are military veterans. We are proud to be recognized for our commitment and dedication to those who served our country. The We Honor Veterans program ensures each veteran is appreciated and has access to quality end-of-life care. Veterans often have special needs and we provide specialized support by addressing their physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual needs to improve quality of life.
Highlights of our program include:
- The Bill Daniels Veterans Wing at The Denver Hospice Inpatient Care Center at Lowry features the Wall of Honor recognizing veterans for their service
- Each veteran is awarded a Certificate of Appreciation honoring their years of military service
- Social workers help veterans and families access their veteran’s benefits
- We collaborate with the VA Medical Center and Regional Department of Veterans Affairs on behalf of our veterans
- Continuing education is provided for our staff and volunteers to enhance care of our veterans
- We offer a Veterans Helping Veterans volunteer program to share experiences and receive support