The Denver Hospice is the only hospice in Denver to earn Level 4 status in the We Honor Veterans campaign, a joint program of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization and the Veterans Administration.
Nearly 30 percent of our patients at The Denver Hospice are military veterans. We are proud to be recognized for our commitment and dedication to those who have served our country.
The We Honor Veterans program ensures each veteran is appreciated and has access to quality end-of-life care. Veterans often have unique needs and we provide specialized support by addressing their physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual needs to improve quality of life.
As a part of our commitment to We Honor Veterans, The Denver Hospice offers:
- The Bill Daniels Veterans Wing of The Denver Hospice Inpatient Care Center at Lowry, which features the Wall of Honor recognizing veterans for their service
- A Certificate of Appreciation awarded to all of our hospice patients who are veterans to honor their years of military service
- Help for veterans and their families to ensure they can access all of their veteran’s benefits
- Collaboration with the VA Medical Center and Regional Department of Veterans Affairs on behalf of our patients who are veterans
- Continuing education for our staff and volunteers to enhance care of our patients who are veterans
- A Veterans Helping Veterans volunteer program in which military veterans volunteer their time to provide companionship and support to Denver Hospice patients who are volunteers
Any person who served in the active military, naval, or air service and who was discharged or released under conditions other than dishonorable may qualify for VA health care benefits. Veterans are eligible to receive a number of benefits supported by the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Learn more about Veterans Benefits at wehonorveterans.org.