Learn about the many ways you can give to The Denver Hospice.
- Outright Gifts
- Memorial Gifts
- Lasting Memorials
- Tribute Gifts
- Planned Giving
- Stock Gifts
- Gifts of Real Estate/Property
- Workplace Giving
Giving by cash, check or credit card is one of the most common and easiest ways to make an outright charitable contribution to The Denver Hospice.
If you itemize tax deductions on your tax return, the first tangible benefit you receive when making an annual gift by cash, check or credit card is a tax deduction for the full value of your gift.
The second benefit is seeing the immediate results of your generosity. When you make an annual gift, you are demonstrating a strong commitment to the patients and families we serve each day.
Some of the gifts The Denver Hospice receives are those given in memory of a friend, family member or loved one. When a loved one passes away, The Denver Hospice would like to help you honor and/or pay tribute to their life.
All memorial gifts will be acknowledged with a card to the person you designate. Please tell us whom you wish to remember, and the name and address of the person we should notify of your gift.
NOTE: The Denver Hospice has created a beautiful space to recognize all gifts totaling $1,000 or more in memory of your friend, family member, or loved one. This special space, entitled The Louanne and Micky Miller Family Light Up A Life Memorial Wall, is located inside The Denver Hospice Inpatient Care Center at Lowry.
Give a gift that lasts forever – a permanent memorial or tribute brick to a loved one; celebrate special occasions; show your support; and help fulfill the mission of The Denver Hospice.
The Louann and Micky Miller Family Light Up a Life Memorial Wall is a tribute to friends, family and colleagues who are remembered through gifts in their honor. Memorial gifts made in an individual’s honor totaling $1,000 or more will result in that person’s name being included on this wall.
The gentle blue sky and the overhead illumination provide a reminder of the light that each individual’s memory continues to emanate. Additional tributes will be added to the wall on an annual basis. A booklet kept at reception chronicles where each name appears.
We thank the Miller Family and the thousands of grateful families and friends of The Denver Hospice for making this memorial possible.
A personalized brick is great tribute or memorial to a special loved one or to commemorate your sentiments or favorite saying in a lasting way. Bricks will be displayed at our Inpatient Care Center at Lowry on the east side of the front entrance.
Pay tribute to the important people in your life with a gift to The Denver Hospice. Tribute gifts may honor a friend, family member, or loved one. Tribute gifts may also celebrate a birthday or special anniversary date.
A planned gift or bequest gives long-term support to The Denver Hospice and can bring a variety of financial rewards to you and your family. Whether you’re thinking about a bequest, charitable gift annuity, or setting up a trust, our planned giving professionals can help you make just the right choice.
Planned giving options include:
- Bequest: Give to The Denver Hospice through your will without affecting your cash flow during your lifetime.
- Charitable Gift Annuity: Receive a fixed payout and significant tax benefits during your lifetime and the lifetime of your spouse.
- Charitable Lead Trust: Discover an innovative way to pass appreciating assets on to family members while making gifts in the interim for a term of years.
- Charitable Remainder Trust: Make a large gift and receive a payout for a term of years, or for life, to create a source of income for your retirement.
- Life Insurance: You can name The Denver Hospice as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy or donate a policy that is no longer needed and receive income tax savings.
- Retirement Plan Assets: You can name The Denver Hospice as a beneficiary of your retirement plan simply by filling out a beneficiary designation form with your plan administrator.
Publicly traded securities are great assets to give. They are easily valued without an appraisal and are easy to transfer. Donating appreciated securities before they are sold typically results in a tax advantage.
A tax deduction is normally allowed based on the market value at the time of the gift. Since the deduction is based on current value, rather than cost, no tax is paid on the appreciation.
Need help? Download our Stock Transfer Instructions.
A charitable contribution of real estate / property will give you numerous advantages. These properties may include your personal residence, a vacation home, a farm, commercial real estate or vacant land. Gifts of appreciated property typically qualify for an immediate tax deduction and result in the avoidance of tax on appreciation. The amount of the deduction for a contribution of real estate is normally valued at the current market value of the property.
The Denver Hospice endowment is held and managed by The Denver Hospice. It is invested for both income and growth, with a portion of the return used each year to fund the essential needs at The Denver Hospice Inpatient Care Center at Lowry. Endowments are the most reliable assets available to an institution to build and maintain quality over time. No other form of giving addresses the needs of our care center more effectively.
When a donor invests in an endowment, the gift supports Clinical programs, research, education and advocacy in perpetuity. The Denver Hospice currently has one primary endowment. Soon, The Denver Hospice will offer additional endowment opportunities (endowed funds, endowed chairs, etc.) for our philanthropic community.
The Denver Hospice is thankful for our partnerships within the corporate community. They enable us to continue providing the highest-quality hospice and palliative care. Through corporate donations, The Denver Hospice seeks to facilitate relationships that benefit both The Denver Hospice and your company or organization. Give an unrestricted gift to help fund programs and services with the greatest need, or align your gift with a specific initiative that further supports your company’s mission. Organizations of any type and size can demonstrate their support of patients and families through corporate philanthropy at The Denver Hospice.
- Cause Marketing: Build customer trust and loyalty by strategically linking your company to The Denver Hospice through a cause-marketing program.
- Event Sponsorship: Reach your target audience while demonstrating your dedication to The Denver Hospice. Sponsoring a special event that benefits The Denver Hospice draws attention from both the media and the community. Events also provide a great opportunity for employees to interact as a team outside the work place.
- Employee Giving: Encourage your employees to help provide patients with a new beginning by conducting an employee giving campaign that benefits The Denver Hospice. Can your employer match your gift? Many employers have a matching gift program to help their employees’ charitable contributions go further. Contact your human resources office to find out if your company / organization has a program to match your support of The Denver Hospice.
- Corporate Foundation Grants: Investments from corporate foundation partners play an important role in the ongoing success of The Denver Hospice. Corporate foundations in our region regularly join forces with The Denver Hospice to support our mission of providing expert care, comfort and compassion to the patients and families we serve.
Donate by Mail
Checks can be sent to:
The Denver Hospice
8289 E. Lowry Blvd
Denver, CO 80230
For more information, support or to cancel a recurring gift please contact:
The Development Department
EIN Tax-ID Number 84-0743121