At The Denver Hospice, we pride ourselves on being experts in end-of-life care in Colorado, as well as national leaders in palliative care. Volunteers are important members of our circle of care and we truly value and support our volunteers!
We offer volunteer opportunities in both clinical (working directly with patients and families) and non-clinical (administrative support) roles.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Direct Patient Volunteer: Volunteers provide respite for caregivers and companionship for hospice patients wherever they call home. This can include visiting with patients, letter writing, playing cards, reading and providing emotional support.
- 11th Hour Volunteer: This important role serves at the bedside of actively dying patients. A training class provided by The Denver Hospice is required.
- Integrative Therapies: Volunteers who offer animal therapy, Reiki or music therapy are always needed.
- Inpatient Care Center Volunteer: Volunteers interact with patients and assist families at our Inpatient Care Center.
- Inpatient Care Center Greeter Volunteer: Our volunteer greeters put visitors at ease by fostering a warm, welcoming environment.
- Office Support Volunteer: We also have a need for volunteers to help at our administrative offices. This can include filing, answering phones and placing calls, copying, mailings and typing.
- Special Projects Volunteer: Individuals help with one-time fundraising activities or special events.
- Be at least 18-years-old
- Have their own transportation
- Commit to at least one year of service – two to three times per month
- Fill out an application and go through an interview
- Participate in training with The Denver Hospice
Please note: We prohibit volunteers from promoting products or services to our patients and families and are unable to support community services hours.
To get involved, please contact our Volunteer Engagement Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.