Breathe Easy manages Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and other chronic lung/respiratory diseases.
At each in home visit, patients will meet with a nurse practitioner or physician who are experts in the field of palliative care for patients with COPD. A comprehensive personal COPD plan is created. The plan helps patients manage their COPD, with a focus on maximizing respiratory comfort through symptom management, education, nutrition and medications. We also consider other medical conditions or special needs patients may have, addressing medical and lifestyle issues that impact quality of life.
Breathe Easy COPD Palliative Care includes:
- Consultative palliative practice
- Prescriptive services
- Records sent to specialists after every nurse practitioner and social worker visit
- Education to recognize signs and symptoms of a COPD exacerbation or respiratory infection
- Goals of care conversation, including hospice options when appropriate
- Hospitalization prevention through symptom education and management
- Diet education
- Low impact exercise education
- Guided visualization to interrupt anxiety spiral
- In-home symptom management and training for:
- Using an inhaler
- The Good Cough
- Catching your breath
- Pursed lip breathing
- Getting the most out of oxygen
- Caregiver support
- Emotional processing and support
- Area support group referrals
- Advance care planning
Optio Palliative Care is able to serve most major health insurances, including Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance.