Happy Hearts focuses on managing Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) and other chronic heart diseases.
At each home visit, patients will meet with a nurse practitioner or physician who are experts in the field of palliative care for patients with CHF. We help patients better understand their condition and how to manage their health through specialized in-home care and education. We minimize the need for hospital readmission for heart failure by helping patients with medication management and compliance. We also make recommendations for dietary changes and simple lifestyle changes such as monitoring and tracking weight on a daily basis.
Happy Hearts Palliative Care includes:
- Consultative palliative practice
- Heart failure assessment during every nurse practitioner visit
- Prescriptive services
- Records sent to specialists after every nurse practitioner and social worker visit
- In-Home symptom management
- Goals of care conversation, including hospice options when appropriate.
- Diet education on salt reduction and other dietary needs
- Safe exercise education
- Hospitalization prevention through symptom education and management
- Education to recognize signs and symptoms of heart attack and stroke
- Symptom tracking log of daily weight monitoring
- Caregiver support
- Emotional processing and support
- Area support group referrals
- Advance care planning
Optio Palliative Care is able to serve most major health insurances, including Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance.