For doctors and clinicians.
Please review the following to assist you in determining your patient’s current palliative needs. If you check four or greater boxes your patient qualifies for our palliative care at home program. If you check seven or greater boxes your patient qualifies for hospice. If you check between four and seven boxes, please call our admission team at 303-398-6200 and we will complete an assessment visit and admit your patient to the program that best fits their needs.
- Has your patient been hospitalized two or more times in the last six months related to the same diagnosis?
- Has your patient had a recent hospital stay that was longer than five days or required admission to the Intensive Care Unit?
- Has your patient had two or more serious infections in the last six months?
- Has your patient had two or more recent falls that caused a fracture or serious injury?
- Has your patient had greater than 10 percent weight loss over the last six months or a current Albumin level less than 2.5?
- Is your patient receiving maximum treatment with now worsening symptoms?
- Is your patient refusing or no longer a candidate for aggressive treatments?
- Does your patient have increased needs for community resources related to their disease or recent functional decline?
- Does your patient need help with end of life advance care planning or a detailed goals of care conversation?
- Do you suspect this patient’s life expectancy to be less than two years within the normal course of their disease?
Fast Track Admissions
Fast Track Admissions to the Inpatient Care Center Admissions Line 303-398-6200. As our community partner, we’ll work closely with you to provide excellent hospice care and to exceed your expectations and those of your patients.
What is a Fast Track Admission?
Fast Track is a process to simplify admissions to our Inpatient Care Center. This is when General Inpatient Care (GIP) hospice-eligible patients with a payer source have consented to a treatment transition directly to our Inpatient Care Center.
Can I Fast Track from any location?
Yes! Once you make a Fast Track referral, we work directly with you to arrange transfer to our state-of-the-art Inpatient Care Center.
What are the steps for a Fast Track Admission?
- Review GIP Qualifications: The case manager, physicians and clinical staff consult on the patient’s GIP status with our admissions staff. Download our Fast Track Fact Sheet (PDF) for more information.
- Discuss Hospice Care: Determine if the patient’s goals of care are aligned with hospice. An Inpatient Care Center patient needs a current DNR.
- Identify Payer Source: Fast Track patients need to have private insurance, Medicare, Medicaid or a completed Medicaid application.
- Call in the Referral: Call our Admissions staff at 303-398-6200 and ask for a Fast Track Admission.
- Order Transportation: Work with our admission staff to order transportation.
- Communicate Nurse to Nurse: Speak directly to our Inpatient Care Center charge nurse to coordinate care.