When more extensive care is required, The Denver Hospice Inpatient Care Center at Lowry offers a higher level of attention in a warm and comforting homelike environment. The light-filled, state-of-the-art setting has been Denver’s leading inpatient hospice care center since its doors opened in 2011.
Designed to provide exceptional comfort for patients and families, the Inpatient Care Center encompasses 24 private suites, each with its own patio. There are no set visiting hours. Anyone, including children, may visit at any time. An array of amenities enhances precious time spent here. The great room, family dining room and day rooms encourage family gatherings. A multi-faith chapel is open at all times for reflection. The Veterans’ Lounge offers a special space dedicated to those who have served our country. A hydrotherapy spa outfitted with a salon-style basin enhances relaxation. And outside, beautifully landscaped gardens and walkways add to the peaceful setting.
There are two tiers of care to meet the highly individualized needs of our patients:General Inpatient Care
General inpatient care supports those who need intensive symptom management (such as unmanageable pain, nausea and/or vomiting) for a short period of time. While patients are being cared for in the Inpatient Care Center at Lowry, our hospice care team provides family member with comprehensive education to help them care for their loved one when he or she is able to return home.
- Most insurance policies cover room and board at this level of care.
- Once the patient’s symptoms and pain are stabilized, he or she must return to a routine level of hospice care.
- We can also provide General Inpatient Care in a hospital or skilled nursing facility.
Routine hospice care is available for those patients who no longer qualifying for General Inpatient Care but who choose to remain at our Inpatient Care Center.
- Private-pay rates will apply. Our staff will work with you and your family to arrange a deposit and payment to cover room and board charges.
- We can also provide this level of care in your own home, skilled care facility, assisted living community or group home.
We invite you to browse our photo gallery or tour The Denver Hospice Inpatient Care Center at Lowry in person. No appointment is needed.
8299 E. Lowry Blvd.
Denver, CO 80230